DEDICATED TO THE ADVANCEMENT OF COSMETIC SCIENCE
SOCIETY OF COSMETIC CHEMISTS
If you would like to list an employment opportunity in the Southeast area, please contact us below with the details:
- Contribute to the Product Development activities by creating new formulas, adjusting and fixing current formulas, and performing all necessary testing including, stability & Compatibility testing, physical & chemical testing, and clinical & performance testing.
- Create, implement and review product procedures and specifications according to the industry and the company’s standards and requirements.
- Standardize and safely document approved Formulas to create final Master formulas including, specifications, procedures, raw material sources and test results.
- Must actively source raw materials and negotiate pricing with all vendors and suppliers.
- Participate and work closely with the production team in executing production batches and ensure the scale ups and technology transfers are properly done between R&D and Production.
- Work jointly with the Regulatory team in providing necessary documents.
- Maintain and adhere to the Good Manufacturing Practices within the lab and manufacturing.
- Participate in the process and protocol improvement of the lab and the manufacturing area in order to increase efficacy, safety and quality.
- Collaborate and participate in several management meeting with other team members from other departments, such as sales, marketing and operations.
- Assist in resolving technical problems by being part of the entire process of investigation and make recommendations to solve the issue.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or a related field.
- Three to five years applicable experience in the cosmetic industry, preferably in the Skin Care and Hair Care formulation and manufacturing.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be thorough, meticulous and detail oriented.
Please send your resume to the attention of Michelle Daniels (HR, Manager)
Please do not call the office, send your resume first. Thanks.
Senior Product Applications Chemist
Colonial Chemical Inc., a growing specialty chemical manufacturer, is seeking a Senior Product Applications Chemist. This position, reporting to the Research and Development Manager, will be responsible for overseeing a group of chemists and is responsible for advancing formulation expertise across multiple end-use categories. They work cross-functionally to design experiments and analyze data to produce effective sales tools and communicate that information to customers. The successful candidate will utilize market expertise to develop new products, formulations and product claims. They will attend a variety of trade shows/conferences to promote products and communicate findings.
The successful candidate must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, and 5 years of previous formulation experience. The candidate must have a strong working knowledge of surfactants and associated formulation science. The successful candidate must have knowledge of formulation concepts for multiple markets (PR, HI&I, oilfield, and more). Ability to work with minimal direction and guidance is a must. Must be flexible and able to change quickly with a fast-paced environment. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Colonial Chemical is located at 225 Colonial Drive, South Pittsburg, TN 37380.
Regulatory Specialist - Advance American Laboratories
Advance American Laboratories a subsidiary of McBride Research Laboratories is seeking a Regulatory Specialist. The purpose of the Regulatory Specialist role is to support the plant quality programs and regulatory programs for cosmetic hair care products. Primary responsibility includes working closely with production and manufacturing technicians to maintain the highest quality for our products and to ensure products are within applicable specification and standards. Responsible for regulatory affairs including audit reports, regulatory reporting and overall enforcement.
- Perform QC testing on raw materials and finished products (including but not limited to pH, viscosity, specific gravity, % solids, micro and fill weight determination)
- Complete and maintain the documentation and reports pertaining to manufactured batches and lab prototypes
- Prepare the Ingredient listings for new and reformulated products
- Review artwork labels for accuracy
- Assist R&D and Production staff with other tasks as needed
- Prepare dossiers and documentation for CAN/EU per international regulations
- Complete WERCSmart product registrations
- Liaise with contract laboratories for product challenge testing and safety testing
- Maintain Formulator™ Software
- Communicate with contract manufacturers regarding products
- Maintain documentation of all processes and procedures
- Ability to tolerate sustained standing/walking up to 10 hours a day.
- Ability to perform occasional to frequent lifting of up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to utilize good eye-hand coordination.
- Ability to perform occasional bending and squatting.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s in Chemistry, Biology, microbiology or any related scientific discipline.
- 2 to 5 years related experience working in quality department, cosmetic, and/or in a manufacturing environment or any similar industry in Quality Control and/or Regulatory.
- Knowledge of cosmetic label requirements Statistical Process Control process/principles
- Knowledge of quality control and regulatory protocols and procedures.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), FDA, OSHA and State regulations related to cosmetic and manufacturing
- Ability to understand instructions, work procedures, reason and make judgments, problem solve, plan, coordinate, and direct own work while coping with a variety of duties and expectations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and distinctly (oral and written) with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to perform effectively under stressful conditions, prioritizing job duties while working with team members.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, making good decisions quickly without direct supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; Word & Excel.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Shows correct sense of urgency to find and fix all abnormalities and other operating issues.
- Treats safety and housekeeping as a non-negotiable
- Perform/ Ensure all required safety and housekeeping audits
- Identify safety issues and immediately implement countermeasures, involving the right resources
- Promote a safe working environment and assist in departmental hazardous waste management process.
- Follow plant and department safety practices, emergency response procedures
- Ensure all other safety goals of the team are met
- Treats quality as a non-negotiable
- Ensure all required quality checks are completed
- Ensure hold procedure is completely followed during each hold event
- Inspect batches and finish product using applicable testing methods
- Keep detail and accurate records of completed batches, tests, inspections, audits
- Communicate quality issues to the right resources and respond in a timely fashion